The Springfield School Resource officer will provide security to the students, parents, administrators, and staff of the Springfield Elementary School. Assist with traffic control inside and outside of the school. Enforce state and local laws when needed. Acts as the liaison between the Springfield Police Department and the Effingham County School District.
Essential duties of the job:
- Traffic control in the morning and afternoon.
- Patrol the assigned school areas. Periodic gate and door checks.
- Interact with students and staff during class changes, lunch, and recess.
- Ensure visitors stay in approved areas.
- Assist principal and administrators when needed.
- Monitor onsite security cameras.
- Coordinate security for staff during home visits that occur in Springfield City limits.
- Provide security during after-hours activities held on school premises.
- Monitor radio traffic of the Springfield Police Department and other agencies.
- Assume the duties of Patrolman when school is not in session.