Welcome to the City of Springfield Calendar! Here you will find all events, public meetings and services offered by the City.
We also do our best to include public community hosted events. If you’d like your event posted on our Calendar, please call and let us know!
Public Hearing of the Planning & Zoning Board
November 30, 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm
The City of Springfield Planning and Zoning Board will hold public hearings with meeting immediately following close of the public hearings on November 30, 2020 beginning at 6:00pm.
The above-mentioned public hearing will be held to receive comments on the following items:
- Amendments to the text of Appendix A, Zoning Ordinance, Article III, Section 3.10 in its entirety as related to permitted uses and regulations in the “I-1” Industrial district
- Amendments to the text of Appendix A, Zoning Ordinance, Article III, Section 3.7.4 of the City of Springfield Zoning Ordinance by adding Drive-In Commercial Use as a conditional use for the “DT” Downtown zoning district
- Request for a Conditional Use to allow for Dog Boarding at B-1 zoned property located at 151 E. Third Street (Parcel S107-19B02)
- Request for a Conditional Use to allow for Automotive Sales at B-1 zoned property located at 807 S. Laurel Street (Parcel S108-33A)
- Request for a Conditional Use to allow for a Day Care and Learning Center at B-1 zoned property located at 1569 Hwy 21 S. (Parcel S131-59)
All public hearings and meetings will be held in the Springfield Council Room located at 130 S. Laurel Street (located between Springfield City Hall and Springfield Police Department).
The City of Springfield Mayor and Council will hold public hearings, with regular meeting immediately following the close of the public hearings on December 8, 2020 beginning at 6:00pm to discuss these items.
It is the policy of the City of Springfield that all City-sponsored public meetings and events are accessible to people with disabilities. If you need assistance in participating in this meeting or event due to a disability as defined under the ADA, please call the City’s ADA Coordinator, Jennifer Smith, at (912) 754-7617 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least three (3) business days prior to the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.