Notice is hereby given that a Municipal Special Election for the City of Springfield GA will be held on May 24, 2022 for the offices of one (1) Council Member (At-Large) to fill the unexpired term of Mallory Jenkins. Qualifying for said election will be held during the following dates, times, and location listed below:
Candidate Qualifying Dates: Monday, April 18, 2022 until Friday, April 22,, 2022
Candidate Qualifying Times: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Springfield City Hall – 130 South Laurel Street – Springfield, GA 31329
The Candidate Qualifying fee for said office will be twenty-five dollars ($25.00) for the post of Council Member.
To be eligible to qualify as a candidate one must:
1. Be at least 21 years of age;
2. A resident of the City of Springfield for twelve (12) months preceding the election;
3. A qualified voter in the City of Springfield; and
4. Not be disqualified to hold an office in the state.
The last day to register and be eligible to vote in this election will be April 25, 2022.
Advance voting will be held at Springfield City Hall located at 130 S Laurel St Springfield, Georgia, on the following dates and times:
- May 2, 2022, through May 7, 2022, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- May 9, 2022, through May 14, 2022, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- May 16, 2022, through May 20, 2022, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
The polls will be open on Election Day, May 24, 2022, from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. The Special Election will be held at the City of Springfield Council Chambers, the normal voting precinct, located at 130 South Laurel Street, Springfield, GA 31329.
As set forth in the American with Disabilities Act of 1992, the City of Springfield does not discriminate on the basis of disability and will assist citizens with special needs, as provided by law. For information please call (912) 754-7617.
This 13th day of April, 2022.
Jennifer Y. Smith, Election Superintendent
City of Springfield