The City of Springfield Planning and Zoning Board will hold public hearings with meeting immediately following close of the public hearings on
October 2, 2023 beginning at 6:00pm.
The City of Springfield Mayor and Council will hold public hearings, with regular meeting immediately following the close of the public hearings on October 10, 2023 beginning at 6:00pm.
The above-mentioned public hearings will be held to receive comments on the following items:
- Conditional Use Request to allow a Senior Living facility or a Daycare Facility at 601 N. Ash Street, parcel S100-56.
- Request to rezone 30.3 acres more or less, known as parcels S115-2TPO and S115-2D located near Ga Hwy 21 and Beebe Rd in from R-1 Zoning to R-2 for & R-4 Zoning.
- Request for a Variance to reduce the buffer requirements for a portion of Parcel S115-2TPO located near Ga Hwy 21 and Beebe Rd.
- Request for a Special Exemption for (a) a one foot reduction in minimum lot width and (b) a twenty foot reduction in minimum distance between buildings for portion of parcel S115-2TPO and S115-2D currently requesting rezoning to R-2 zoning classification.
- Request for Conditional Use to allow commercial painting business located at Parcel S131-2 located on GA Hwy 21.
Any interested parties are encouraged to attend the public hearings to speak for or against these items. Questions can be directed to the Zoning Office at Springfield City Hall by calling (912) 754-7617.
All public hearings and meetings will be held in the Springfield Council Room located at 130 S. Laurel Street (located between Springfield City Hall and Springfield Police Department).